There are certainly many advantages to sending claims electronically, but many offices just aren’t convinced it’s the right step for them. Here are five clear advantages to sending claims electronically versus paper.
1) Save Money. Believe it or not, even your office that sees “just” 10 dental patients a day can benefit from sending electronic dental claims. Starting at just 25 cents per claim,* this can cost your office just $2.50 a day, whereas printing and mailing dental claims can cost over $5 a day including stamps and paper. Multiply this by 20 working days, and you’re saving about $50 a month on just supplies. Use our savings calculator here to find out exactly what you can save when you factor in labor.
2) Save Time: Click, capture and send. That’s all it takes to send claims through DentalXChange (call us for a free demo!). If you mail claims, you’re likely spending a few hours a day printing claims and checking errors.
3) Reduce Errors: Our state of the art Claim Validation system checks for errors on your claims. For example, we match claim codes to tooth numbers, so if a code is wrong, we flag it for you. Your DMD or Activity Snapshot lets you know within 2 minutes of uploading a claim, and you can easily fix the claim on our website.
4) Real-Time Claim Status: Do you constantly call insurance to check claim status? Save time by checking claim status online for most dental insurance companies. Get up-to-date information with the Real-Time Eligibility and Claim status package.
5) Paid Faster: On average, it can take up to 45 days to receive payment if mailing claims, but if you send your claims electronically, payment can be expected in as little as 48 hours for some insurance companies.
We have processed over 15 million dental claims a year and a total of $4 Billion in dental claims since 1989. If you’d like more information on why making the switch to DentalXChange is the right choice for your practice, give us a call at 800-576-6412 x 467.