The most common call our Customer Service department gets is when office managers or dentists need their passwords reset. This is a common error with any internet company, and it is one that can be easily resolved. You simply have to click on “Forgot Password” link, enter the email address on file when prompted and then DentalXChange will send you an email with your username and password hint.
If you forget your password, DentalXChange will email you the username and password hint to the email address on file. However, many office managers are unsure what email addresses are on file, so we came up with this tutorial on how to update your email address.
We recommend all offices make sure that they have the correct email address on file with us for your password reset emails. In three easy steps, you’ll be able to update the email address on file so that nothing prevents you from receiving your password reset emails.
When logged into ClaimConnect, click on the “Account” button at the top left hand corner.
Click on the “Change Password/Email Address” link.
Update your email address and password on this screen and click “Continue” when done.
These three simple steps to updating your email address on file will make it much easier in the event that you do forget your password.
*Note: if you use MacPractice, do not follow the directions above. Call customer support at 800-576-6412 x 452 for assistance.
There are certainly many advantages to sending claims electronically, but many offices just aren’t convinced it’s the right step for them. Here are five clear advantages to sending claims electronically versus paper.
1) Save Money. Believe it or not, even your office that sees “just” 10 dental patients a day can benefit from sending electronic dental claims. Starting at just 25 cents per claim,* this can cost your office just $2.50 a day, whereas printing and mailing dental claims can cost over $5 a day including stamps and paper. Multiply this by 20 working days, and you’re saving about $50 a month on just supplies. Use our savings calculator here to find out exactly what you can save when you factor in labor.
2) Save Time: Click, capture and send. That’s all it takes to send claims through DentalXChange (call us for a free demo!). If you mail claims, you’re likely spending a few hours a day printing claims and checking errors.
3) Reduce Errors: Our state of the art Claim Validation system checks for errors on your claims. For example, we match claim codes to tooth numbers, so if a code is wrong, we flag it for you. Your DMD or Activity Snapshot lets you know within 2 minutes of uploading a claim, and you can easily fix the claim on our website.
4) Real-Time Claim Status: Do you constantly call insurance to check claim status? Save time by checking claim status online for most dental insurance companies. Get up-to-date information with the Real-Time Eligibility and Claim status package.
5) Paid Faster: On average, it can take up to 45 days to receive payment if mailing claims, but if you send your claims electronically, payment can be expected in as little as 48 hours for some insurance companies.
We have processed over 15 million dental claims a year and a total of $4 Billion in dental claims since 1989. If you’d like more information on why making the switch to DentalXChange is the right choice for your practice, give us a call at 800-576-6412 x 467.